Indoor Cycling Class At Santiam Bicycles Oct 17 - Dec 19. 2017
WHAT: 1:30 hr Indoor Cycling Class (1 hr on-the-bike / 30 min off-the-bike).
WHEN: Tuesday Oct 17 - Dec 19, 2017 6pm-7:30pm.
WHERE: Santiam Bicycles (#104, 9009 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard, OR 97223)
INFO: Cycling Class workouts will be instructed by Julie Browning.
Off the bike:
The class will start with an off-the-bike warm-up routine and end with an off-the-bike cool down routine. These routines will follow ADAPT's principles of helping the body restore, develop and maintain a balanced muscular and skeletal system.
On the bike:
Class will include the following:
- A thorough warm-up
- Specific drills to improve pedal efficiency and leg speed
- Structured interval sets
- A cool-down
- Good training practices / habits to help maintain a functional athlete
This class introduces drills to help with pedaling efficiency and progresses each week to longer and more advanced drills. It will introduce body awareness and alignment on the bike. The class is appropriate for all levels of skill and fitness. You will get lots of teaching points to help develop good habits. Past participants have ranged in ability from Cat 1 competitive cyclist to first time bike owners, elite triathletes to novice triathletes. All are welcome.
WHAT TO BRING:
- BIKE: Athletes must provide their own clean bike with a slick rear tire. A road bike with clip-in pedals works best for the class.
- STATIONARY TRAINER: you will need to provide your own stationary trainer. If you are interested in purchasing a stationary trainer please contact Bill at Cyclepath for a recommendation or Raul at Santiam Bicycles. I have a limited number of trainers I can loan out for the class. Email me to check on availability.
- A front wheel riser / block. This is to raise the front wheel so the bike is level
- Cycling clothing and shoes
- Small towel for handlebars and large towel for the floor
- Drink (I recommed an electrolyte drink like Ultima Replenisher or Nuun)
- Optional: heart rate monitor
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
Class size is limited to 20. Registration is for the whole session (7 classes). If you know ahead of time you will miss more than half the classes (3 or more) you are eligible to do a drop-in, if space allows. Drop-in rates are $20 per class.
- Current clients are given priority registration for the following term.
- Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please be on time for class. Classes will start and end on time.
- Please leave your cell phones, gum, perfume and worries outside the class.
- Students should advise the instructor of any health conditions.
- All class participants must sign a waiver.
- Inclement weather may cause the class be cancelled. Here is the number to call 503-913-1671
- Registrations are refundable up to 1 week before the first class. Refunds are subject to a $10 processing fee. If you do have to drop the class, please let me know as soon as possible so that we may offer the space to another cyclist. There are no refunds once the class has started. Special considerations is given for a medical problem or family emergency.
- Registrations are for the full session. If you know ahead of time that you will miss 3 or more classes, if space allows, you can do a drop-in.