Do you feel like you want more when it comes to your health and well-being?
Do you want to make some changes to the way you are living, but have trouble getting started or keeping it going?
Do you feel stuck, overwhelmed, or unsure how to start or move forward?
Do you feel like life is too busy or out of control leaving you with little to no time to take care of yourself?
Are you surrounded by opportunities to engage in healthy habits, but just don’t?
Or has your doctor / provider mentioned how changes to your lifestyle could benefit you?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you certainly are not alone.
Our lifestyle behaviors affect our wellness. To make positive changes to these behaviors is a challenge. The struggle is real. It is hard to make new behaviors stick, despite knowing that falling back on old habits is adversely affecting your health and wellness. Why is this?
· Being told that we need to change the way we are living rarely results in lasting sustainable change.
· Information overload has never been greater. With so many health and wellness guidelines, services and products available, it is increasingly hard to create and initiate our own wellness path. It can leave us feeling confused and ambivalent.
· In our everyday lives we are pulled in many directions. Many of us are losing the ability to be mindful and present, and we end up operating on autopilot. It is hard to change a behavior if we’re not present and aware. It is easy to see obstacles, and our wellness isn’t made a priority.
Attempting to change lifelong habits amid all this information clutter and confusion can be a daunting task. As a Health & Wellness Coach I help clients include self-care in their busy lives.
Health Coaching can help you if you:
· need help defining or refining your personal goals
· need help following through with actions related to your goals
· are struggling in a particular area of concern
· need someone to provide support and hold you accountable
· are experiencing a life change
· want to get more out of life
· are ready to start a journey you have been putting off
· want to regain control of your health and wellness
What is Health Coaching?
A Health Coach is not an expert or educator. They are not going to tell you what is best for you, what to do, or what to eat. Nor are they therapists or counselors.
Instead health coaches will help you discover what is important to you when it comes to your health and wellness, and how to find the time, energy, motivation to make self-care a priority.
Wellness means different things to different people, and given that many areas of our life and well-being are intrinsically intertwined, your coaching journey may include any combination of the following:
· Diet and Nutrition,
· Activity and Exercise,
· Stress Management,
· Mindset, Attitude and Outlook,
· Sleep Quality,
· Relationships and Social Connections,
· Body Image, Weight Management,
· Self-love and Self-compassion,
· Work-life Balance and Satisfaction,
· Income and Money Management,
· Sifting through chaos and clutter,
Health coaching is a wonderful process that helps you to:
- to connect to yourself by discovering what is important to you when it comes to your health and wellness (what are your values, beliefs, needs, desires, priorities, and your deep motivators)
- to un-cover what is holding you back, and to strategize how to overcome these barriers and challenges using your unique strengths and abilities.
- to create a road map that supports you step-by-step to get you started on your wellness journey.
Does Health Coaching work?
Yes, if you are ready to put in some work and are open to trusting the process.
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to health and wellness. You are unique and health coaching puts you at the center of your own health and wellness journey. This proves to be effective at helping people to adopt positive lifestyle behaviors, and it gives them the tools to make these changes for the long term.
The coaching process ultimately leads to increased personal responsibility for your health and well-being by helping with:
- Self-motivation and self-efficacy
- Self-confidence and self-esteem
- Ability to self-discover
- A feeling of being in control
- A sense of accomplishment
- Having strategies to fall back on to help overcome future challenges
When self-care is promoted to the top of your ‘to do list’ and we live with improved health and wellness good things happen: it touches every aspect of our lives and those around us. We become more connected with ourselves and our community. We are happier, more grateful, more confident and a positive contributor to the world.